1. The government intent of transferring President Chen to HVH, an unilateral decision by the Taipei prison authority, is for the purpose of judicial confirmation. This transfer did not conform to the prison law for self-funded hospitalization, nor is it an act of humanitarian medical care. MOJ and HVH want to prove that President Chen is not sick; therefore, they focus more on examinations, less on treatments. For example, instead of conducting common neurological examinations first, they went straight into unusual imaging procedures, including fMRI and PET.
(My note: I assume that a doctor should first check the neurological responses of a patient first, such as the feeling of hands and legs, orientation, balance, facial expression (like smile),etc. My father was checked by a neurologist after his heart attack in West Lafayette, IN, and he never received fMRI or PET, or even MRI; I once complained about some numbness with my face for several days and saw a doctor; she spent nearly an hour checking my neurological reactions before sending me to MRI for assurance; everything was normal. From this statement by the volunteer medical team, I assumed that the doctors at VHV simply ran these fancy tests without going through these routine neurological checkups first.)
2. If the objective of this transfer is judicial confirmation, a service to MOJ, violating the need and intent of the patient, it is no longer a form of self-funded hospitalization. Therefore, the prison authority should pay for it.
3. We request HVH to set up a spokesperson system so that the medical treatment of President Chen can be transparent by providing daily briefing to the general public.
4. We request that the participants to the final diagnosis meeting to reach a consensus should include people from all sides, including members from the family, from HVH, from the volunteer medical team entrusted by President Chen, and from MOJ.
5. The government claim that members of the volunteer team have been invited to join the HVH medical team is false. To date, none of our team members has received any official invitation to join the HVH team, nor has any of us participated in any joint diagnosis and discussion meetings.
Spokesperson of the volunteer medical team
一、 此次北監將陳前總統強行送到北榮，既不符合監獄行刑法所謂的自費延醫，更不是慈悲為懷的人道就醫，目的是作司法鑑定，鑑定阿扁總統是否偽裝撒謊。法務部和北榮想要證明阿扁總統無病，因此就醫過程著重於檢查，治療在其次。例如，沒有做神經學檢查前就直接做非屬常規的影像學檢查，包括功能性核磁共振 (fMRI) 與正子掃描(PET)。